How Farm Routes Works
Get out the Map!
• Find a printed maps along the routes, or at the Centre County / Penn State Visitor Center.
• To access all of our Farm Routes info on your phone, download the Tassl mobile app. This app lets you check-in at stops to earn chances to win Farm Routes prizes. Download TASSL from the App Store or Google Play. Sign-in using your Facebook, Google or LinkedIn account. Select the Centre County Farmland Trust Network.
2. Scout your route. When and where to go.
• The map-guides contain descriptions and contact information for all of our stops. Plus, information on when they are generally open. Explore!
• It’s impossible to see everything on one day. A few stops are open all day, every day. The Farmers Markets are typically open one day per week. Some restaurants are open during the day. Others in the evening.
• But things change quickly — so our map-guides contain information on where to find the latest. Facebook is typically where locations post their latest info. It never hurts to call ahead.
3. Safety first.
• Please be safe. Observe a six-foot social distance. Wear a mask as you visit the stops. Please observe all public health guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
4. Enjoy the fresh air!
• Preserving and conserving farmland is our mission and it's important, because farmland provides us with a wonderful quality of life.
• Here in Centre County, autumn is just a spectacular time for a country drive. These country drives are beautiful and open year-round.
• We’re offering prizes until Oct. 31 for folks who check-in from the route stops either on social media or using tassl. Likewise, if a stop offers a free gift or discount when you show your map, that period ends Oct. 31.
The more you check-in via TASSL along the route stops, the more chances to win prizes.
Here’s how to check-in:
• Open TASSL
• Tap on the Discover icon at the bottom of your screen.
• At the next screen, tap on STOPS.
• On the next screen, under the beautiful artwork provided by our partners at Farmland Preservation Artists of Central PA, you will see four squares. Tap to highlight "ongoing" and the stops will appear. Make sure the nearby and ongoing, or all and ongoing squares are highlighted.
• Click on the STOP you are visiting, then click the CHECK IN icon in the center of your screen.
• Confirm your CHECK IN with one last tap on the pop-up.
• Thank you! We think you’re doing something pretty awesome for our community. Harvest those carrots and stay safe! Having problems checking in? contact TASSL at email@example.com
6. Let's have some fun & connect!
• Tell us about YOUR Farm Routes trip!
• On Instagram, use the hashtag #centrecountyfarmlove or tag @centrecountyfarmlandtrust.
• On Facebook, use @centrecountyfarmlandtrust in your post. S
See you out on the Route!