Get out the map! Pack a cooler! Hit the Road!
Our first Farm Routes map is HERE.
Farm Routes maps are guides for FREE, driving tours of farm-stands, farmers markets, preserved farmland and local foods eateries — all along Centre County's beautiful country corridors.
Use our map to create your own driving tour. Go on any day, at your own pace during summer-fall 2020. Promotions run until Oct. 31 — but we hope you'll keep exploring!
Farm Route No. 1, the Round Barn Route, is along the Rt. 45 corridor from Centre Hall to Pine Grove Mills. (Farm Route Nos. 2 & 3 are coming soon.)
HOW IT WORKS
1. Use the map to plan your fun, flavorful exploration.
Download a .pdf file above OR get a printed map at the Pine Grove Mills Farmers Market, the Boalsburg Farmers Market or one of the stops along the route.
Access all the route information on your phone by downloading TASSL from the App Store, and choosing "Centre County Farmland Trust" as your network.
2. Have a GREAT time! Take this tour as often as you'd like. The prize and promotion period is August through October 31.
Yep! The first 50 people to download TASSL get a free, Farm Routes T-shirt.
The more you check-in via TASSL along the route stops, the more chances to win prizes.
PLUS - Some of the stops are offering a discount or free item when you show your map. Check the listings on the guide.
4. LET'S CONNECT
Tell us about YOUR Farm Routes trip!
Tag and follow #centrecountyfarmlove on Instagram.
Follow @centrecountyfarmlandtrust on Facebook & Instgram.
5. SAFETY FIRST
Most importantly: Please be safe. Observe a six-foot social distance. Wear a mask as you visit the stops. Please observe all public health guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
A few spots along the route are private, and to be enjoyed from the comfort of your car. Please see the details and icons for each stop in the guide.
6. Questions? Ask us!
7. Get out there & enjoy a delicious day!
About these Images
ABOVE, top to bottom:
• Classic red barn at Rhoneymeade Sculpture Garden & Arboretum, stop #4 on the Round Barn Route.
• A beautiful spread of farm-fresh produce at Tait Farm Harvest Shop & Greenhouse, stop #8 on the Round Barn Route.
• Autumn view from Mount Nittany Overlook by Harrison's, stop #1.
• Find creative dishes and drinks with local ingredients at Pine Grove Hall, stop # 15.
• Fresh flowers from Schoolhouse Farms (which has a farm stand on Rt. 192 near Penns Cave) and sells flowers Thursdays at Pine Grove Mills Farmers Market (stop #16) and Tuesdays at the Boalsburg Farmers Market (stop #10).
LEFT: The view to Tussey Mountain from Mount Nittany Vineyard and Winery, stop #5.
BACKGROUND: Photographer R. Thomas Berner's inspirational image of a barn and vista. Berner loves to photograph barns. He has published two books of barn photography, available on Blurb.com.
Berner is a member of the Historic Barn and Farm Foundation and Farmland Preservation Artists of Central Pennsylvania, a CCFT partner organization.